Stevie dress by Tilly and the buttons.

Back in November at the Guthrie and Ghani festive evening I purchased 2 patterns. One of them was the Stevie dress by Tilly and the buttons

.

Lots of sewing friends have already made it. But I kept putting it off and sticking to the patterns I know. Also I couldn’t be bothered to trace the pattern to preserve the pattern.

Then I had a real need to sew something different. So I just cut out the pattern pieces.

Once I had cut out the fabric, I used some of the scraps to test the stitching. This helps me decide if I need to change my needle in my sewing machine.

Then I had a couple of games of thread chicken. One I won and the 2nd I lost as I was completing the hem.

In a few sewing groups people had mentioned that the ties could be heavy when made out of the same fabric so I decided to use a contrasting ribbon colour.

This detail has added a cheerful addition to the dress.


I am really happy with the outcome and will certainly be making more. I might add a little length to the dress.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s